The aptitude test of NATA may comprise questions of Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select type (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAQ) and Match the following type(MFQ)
The questions will carry 1 mark, 2 marks or 3 marks and 125 questions have to be answered in 180 minutes.
The medium of Aptitude test will be essentially English language. Some questions may be in regional languages also.
The aptitude of the candidate will be assessed using some or all Of the following techniques:
• Diagrammatic Reasoning — Tests the ability of logical reasoning, using diagrams and scenarios
• Numerical Reasoning — Tests mathematical ability through simple problems
•Verbal Reasoning — Assesses the ability to assess verbal logic.
• Inductive Reasoning — Tests the ability to see patterns and analyse given data
• Logical Reasoning — Tests ability to recognise patterns, sequences or relationships between shapes andimagery.
• Abstract Reasoning —Will assess general knowledge, and ability to utilise knowledge in new situations.
Questions could be asked in various topics that assess candidates on basic concepts in mathematics, physicsand geometry, language and interpretation, elements and principles of design, aesthetic sensitivity, colourtheory, lateral thinking and logical reasoning, visual perception and cognition, graphics and imagery, building anatomy and architectural vocabulary, basic techniques Of building construction and knowledge of material,general knowledge and current affairs, etc. and are may not be limited to those outlined.